Office Assistant - WIC Program
Join our caring, community focused team!
This position plays an integral role in the LifeWorks Community Action WIC Department, (Women Infant Children) providing clinic and office support to the staff. Will gather information from clients and customers for nutrition assessments and perform a variety of support tasks including but not limited to determining program eligibility.
- Screen participants for WIC categorical, residential and income eligibility. Post pandemic, will travel with department to various off –site WIC clinics throughout Saratoga County.
- Collect information for the nutrition assessment process, including obtaining anthropometric and hematological data, as trained..
- Explain program and procedures of the WIC Program to participants, answer participant questions. Responsible for assisting with reminder calls, no-show calls and phone coverage.
Benefits: - Position starts at $14.00 per hour.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage which include family benefits
- 401(k) Plan with a 10% match
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation up to 5 weeks
- Paid Personal Time
- Paid Sick Time
- Employee Assistance Plan
- 13 paid holidays off during the year
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- High School Diploma/GED and 2 years’ experience in nutrition services and/or a health related field.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
- Computer skills and knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel, Google Docs, Zoom or other online meeting platforms. Familiarity with mobile devices, online training platforms and software applications helpful.
- Flexible schedule is necessary, must be available for Thursday evening clinic (resuming post pandemic) as well as a rotating schedule for the first Saturday of the month.
- Strong organizational and communication skills (verbal and written), ability to work independently, good interpersonal skills and ability to maintain a positive attitude with staff and participants.
- Provide customer service that is responsive to the unique needs and culture of families, such as single parents, grandparents as caregivers, co-parenting relationships, LGTBQ families, non-English speaking, teen parents, domestic violence situations and more.
- Must possess a vehicle and have a valid driver’s license. May occasionally be required to drive own vehicle to temporary off-site WIC clinics which will resume post pandemic.
LifeWorks Community Action, formerly Saratoga County Economic Opportunity Council, is a nonprofit that helps thousands of neighbors each year overcome the challenges of poverty by providing food, early childhood education, energy services, health and wellness, and immigrant services. Popular programs include The Pantry in Ballston Spa and The Kitchen in Saratoga Springs, as well as Head Start, WIC and Weatherization. Help Starts Here.
LifeWorks Community Action promotes diversity, equity and inclusion in all agency programs and services. We welcome applicants with diverse backgrounds who embrace and support an inclusive and equitable work environment. EOE