See Website for Full Schedule and practice sites
In 2021 The Burnt Hills Oratorio Society (BHOS) announced its new name and a new season. To celebrate a return to performing, the chorus voted to re-brand itself as Saratoga Voices to accurately represent the variety of music it performs and the expanded community it will serve. We are one of the oldest mixed choruses in the Capital District begun in 1970, and we want to broaden our appeal to a wider audience. The group will continue to rehearse at the BHBL High School and state its performances at sites around the Saratoga and its adjacent counties.
Saratoga Voices learned during the pandemic that singing was one of the most dangerous activities for spreading the COVID-19 virus. So, the chorus re-grouped to carry out plans for a concert season. Handel’s choral masterpiece “Judas Maccabeus” was presented on November 19th at Universal Preservation Hall in Saratoga Springs. The Daily Gazette provided a very positive musical critique of the concert in the November 21st edition of the newspaper. With continued uncertainties occasioned by the pandemic, Saratoga Voices is in process of determining the remaining scope of the 2021-2022 concert season. The new year brings new challenges to meet with renewed enthusiasm for performing in public given the current gathering protocols for everyone’s safety
- Community chorus that performs major choral and contemporary works
- Saratoga Voices/Burnt Hills Oratorio Society (BHOS) attracts from many communities across the Greater Capital Region
- Devoted choristers representing all age groups, vocations, and quality professional and chorale singers
- Saratoga Voices singers support the local business community
- Saratoga Voices concerts feature local professional soloists and instrumentalists/orchestras..